To support the preparations for Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made changes to the services we provide
We are interested in the causes, consequences, and optimal management of common rheumatological, musculoskeletal and pain conditions such as:
- Inflammatory arthritis including:
- rheumatoid arthritis
- axial spondyloarthroarthritis
- psoriatic arthritis
- juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica and Giant Cell Arteritis
- Osteoporosis and fragility fractures
- Low back pain and radicular pain
- Regional musculoskeletal pain
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Connective tissue disease
We support a range of studies in these areas, including how best to train and educate current and future health professionals to manage these conditions. We use of range of research methods including clinical epidemiology, clinical trials, qualitative approaches and mixed methods. We also are actively involved in activities to improve the uptake of research findings in clinical practice.
We support a number of undergraduate and postgraduate taught and research students:
We work with public contributors in the design, delivery and implementation of our research. There are active patient and public involvement and engagement (PPIE) groups at MPFT and Keele University. Please click the links if you are interested in getting involved.